Chris Hammer, Senior Systems Administrator
- 6 Saint Paul Ct., Hampton VA 23666
- chris dot hammer at gmail dot com
0.1 SkillsetProblem Solving
02. Work Experience
GMTI 2011 - Present
Deployment & Hosting Support Analyst
• Deployed, maintained, and supported high profile and revenue generating
applications including Wave2, DealChicken, Gannett Government Media
and Gannett Healthcare.
• Met and/or exceeded all internal and external deadlines with a high
degree of accuracy.
• Monitored application and server performance using tools available on
the servers, as well as external monitoring solutions such as EM7.
• Provided after hours support as required for applications both under my
control, and outside my control.
GMTI 2005 - 2011
Applications Support Analyst
• Supporting and managing aspects related to products assigned under my
• Setting up monitoring to insure that our staff is aware of potential issues
before they turn into more serious issues.
• Working with vendors and customers to resolve issues vital to the proper
functioning of the application and systems that the application uses.
GMTI 2004 - 2005
• Monitoring and initial troubleshooting of any issues which may occur in
our server environment in two remote data centers.
• Taking after hour calls from customers and managing how to best handle
their issue either by resolving it myself or escalating to the appropriate
• Setup scripts and monitoring to aid in daily tasks and for more advanced
notification of issues as they occur.
VISINET 2000 - 2003
Senior Software Engineer
• CGI scripting for dynamic server generated web pages which included
various techniques such as DBI with SQL database back ends, plain text
data files, template systems, and others.
• Developed and maintained custom scripts based on customer
specifications for use on their company website.
• Wrote shell scripts using Perl to aid in web site maintenance as well as
several customer libraries for in house use with custom applications.
Denbigh High School1993 - 1996
References are available upon request.